Postdoctoral Fellow-Periodic Table of Food Initiative
Mar 26 2022
The Periodic Table of Food Initiative (PTFI) is a participatory effort to create and distribute a globally shared • open-access food composition data platform using standardized mass spectrometry approaches. Taking a multi-sectoral collaborative approach informed by the food, health, agricultural, and environmental sectors, the PTFI will accelerate the evidence base to transform contributions of food for human and planetary health. PTFI will democratize technology and food composition data for stakeholders across the world.
The Periodic Table of Food Initiative (PTFI) is recruiting a Post-Doctoral Fellow to lead a global landscape assessment on food composition needs and opportunities. The selected candidate will join a multidisciplinary team led by CIAT-CGIAR, American Heart Association, and Verso Biosciences along with a global network of PTFI Centers of Excellence and National Labs.
This position would • consider flexible working arrangements and could be based at one of the hubs of the Alliance; or any place where the Alliance has legal representation.
• Lead a global landscape assessment on food composition needs and opportunities, including research design, planning and execution of workplans part of the PTFI
• Contribute to the identification of research needs of the Periodic Table of Food Initiative
• Conduct data analyses, modeling, data management, metadata documentation, and data distribution
• Synthesize patterns and trends from modeling and analyses
• Prepare and publish peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts
• Participate and contribute to relevant discussions and team meetings, engaging with subject-area specialists, and other relevant parties in order to strengthen scientific research of the PTFI
• Represent PTFI in scientific conferences, and forums to showcase the initiative research and its impact
• Contribute to fund-raising efforts through participation to project proposal writing.
• Advanced degree (PhD as required) in chemistry, biology, nutrition, food science, or related fields
• Specialized knowledge and expertise in biochemical food composition
• Solid skills conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, verbal and written, translated into high-quality deliverables
• High proficiency using R programming language and other statistical software programs
• Ability to work independently with professional rigor as a subject matter expert, and in a team setting
• Ability to work collaboratively in an international and multi-disciplinary environment
• Fluency in English language is essential to communicate in writing and speaking